LAX Lost & Found
Who We Are:
The LAX Lost and Found is managed by the Airport Police Division. The mission of the Airport Police Lost and Found Unit is to reunite the public with lost items. Our team uses Pixit Powered by Crowdfind software to manage lost items and inquiries. A claim is a method of inquiry, and it is not a police report. We do not charge a service fee, nor are we affiliated with third party websites that help search for lost items. Using a third-party service will not expedite your claim with us.
We receive lost items from various areas of the airport. To inquire about a lost item in the areas listed in the box below, click on the box. For all other lost and found inquiries, see the list below for contact information.
Other Lost and Found Inquiries:
- TSA Lost and Found https://www.tsa.gov/contact/lost-and-found
- Airline - Lost suitcase or items left on an aircraft, click here.
- Dining & Shopping, click here.
- Transportation, click here.
- LAX Employee shuttle buses are operated by ABM (424) 273-7266
- C Line, ADA, Airline Connector (LAZ)
- LAX Budget Lot (310) 646-2911
- 1-866-iFlyLAX for flyaway concerns (lost and found)
- U.S. Customs – Lost Passports (310) 665-4560
Frequently Asked Questions:
Claims are closed for one of the following reasons:
- We did not receive your item.
- We did not receive the information requested to verify ownership.
- You did not recover your item within 90 days.